Nearly 70% of experiences online start on a search engine. What if your website could appear each time someone searches for your offerings? With search engine optimization (SEO), it could!
What is SEO in digital marketing, exactly? Keep reading to find out! After reading this guide, you can determine if online marketing with SEO suits your company’s goals. Read on to learn more.
What is SEO?
First, let’s answer the question that likely brought you here in the first place. What is SEO in digital marketing?
- SEO is a type of search engine marketing strategy (SEM). Most SEM strategies like digital advertising are paid strategies. SEO, on the other hand, is organic.
- SEO enables businesses to improve their rankings on search engines using a series of marketing tactics. For example, you’ll need to consider on-page, off-page, technical, and local SEO.
- On-page SEO involves optimizing your content for specific keywords. You can create a list of SEO keywords to create content that appeals to your target audience. It’s important to create content that aligns with the consumer’s search intent. Then, you can provide them with content they want and need. You can use on-page SEO by adding SEO keywords to the title, URL, opening paragraph, and other essential spots.
- Off-page SEO involves factors beyond your website. For example, you’ll need to generate SEO backlinks. Backlinks send readers from one blog to your content.
- SEO backlinks are one of Google’s top-ranking factors.
- Technical SEO involves your website design and development. For example, you’ll need to make sure your site is fast and mobile-optimized.
- Local SEO involves managing your Google Business profile, generating reviews, and creating location-based content.
- Each form of SEO can boost your search engine rankings. Learning about SEO can be overwhelming, so you may benefit from working with an SEO agency like Sure Oak.
- Not convinced that you need SEO in digital marketing?
- Higher rankings can help you generate brand awareness and website traffic. It can also set you apart from competitors in the industry.
- More traffic could help you generate more leads. In fact, leads through SEO also have a 14.6% close rate.
- Since SEO is organic, it’s also cost-effective, allowing you to improve your ROI.
- Want to add SEO to your business marketing strategy? Start by creating a list of SEO keywords.
- Use tools like SEMRush, Answer the Public, and Google Trends. Look for longer keywords posed as questions. Then, create high-quality blog content that provides readers with the information they need.
- You can streamline the entire process by working with an experienced SEO agency. They’ll gather keyword research, create your content, and optimize your website.
- Working with an experienced agency can save you time and money while boosting your ROI. You can read more here before getting started.
SEO in Digital Marketing: Your Path to Higher Rankings
- Boost your search engine rankings and reach more customers than ever before! Get started with SEO in digital marketing services. With SEO, you can boost your ROI and set your business up to grow.
- Improve your business marketing strategy with SEO today.
- Searching for more tips? You’re in the right place.
- Explore our latest guides today for more.