Last update: 04 Aug 2022, 06:00 AM IST
Goswami Tulsidas is popularly known as Tulsidas. He was a great Hindu saint and highly learned poet. (Representative image: Shutterstock)
Tulsidas Jayanti 2022: Tulsidas is known for his work in the field of art and literature.
Tulsidas Jayanti 2022: Goswami Tulsidas is popularly known as Tulsidas. He was a great Hindu saint and highly learned poet. Tulsidas is known for his work in the field of art and literature.
According to the Hindu lunar calendar, the poet was born on the Saptami (seventh day) of Krishna Paksha (dark fortnight of the moon) in the month of Shravana. According to the Gregorian calendar, this day falls in the month of July or August. This year Tulsidas Jayanti falls on 4th August.
History and Significance of Tulsidas Jayanti
Tulsidas Jayanti commemorates his works in the field of art and culture, but most importantly, he brought to the masses one of the two great epics of ancient India. He is remembered for reciting the Sanskrit Ramayana in Odhi.
The importance of this day is to create awareness among future generations about their work and the impact they have on society. This day sheds light on the works of the poet. Every year, on this day people recite paragraphs and verses of Sri Ramacharitmanas at Hanuman and Rama temples.
Famous Quotes of Tulsidas
- Walking on the path of knowledge is walking on the edge of a sword. Once you get into it, there is no escape.
- Even your mercy is like a whirlwind and the words you speak strip the tree of its blossoms.
- There can be no happiness for a being, nor can his mind know peace even in dreams unless he renounces desire, which is the abode of sorrow.
- There is no difference between knowledge and devotion, both save the self from the miseries of worldly life.
- In dependence, even in dreams, there is no happiness.
Read all Latest news And Latest news Here